IFRS Refresher & Update
To book either 1 day Refresher, or 2-day Refresher & Update, select BOOK NOW below where you can choose a date(s).
|2018 Dates||CPD||Location||1 day (only Refresher or Update)||
Refresher + Update combo
Refresher: 30 April 2019 Update: 23 May 2019
7 / 14 hours
* You can book any combination of the Refresher and Update dates together to qualify for the special combo rate. View all date-combinations by selecting BOOK NOW and then Choose Course Date.
Cost excludes VAT
All topics are explained thoroughly, accompanied by illustrative, relevant examples (and journals where applicable).
This day covers the following topics:
- Property, Plant & Equipment (IAS 16), Goodwill and Intangible assets (IAS 38), Impairment of Assets (IAS 36)
- Initial & subsequent recognition
- Impairment testing
- Research & development cost
- Borrowing cost
- Inventory (IAS 2)
Accounting policies, changes in Estimates and Errors (IAS 8)
- Provisions, Accruals and contingent liabilities/assets (IAS 37)
- Income Tax (IAS 12)
- Investment Properties (IAS 40)
- Share based payments (IFRS 2)
- Goodwill & Business combinations (IFRS 3)
- Refresher on acquisition accounting
- Calculating Goodwill under IFRS (change in formula)
- Foreign Exchange transactions (IAS 21)
IFRS Update (Focus on IFRS 15 and 16):
- This day follows the agenda of the IFRS Update course. It provides a detailed look at the two new IFRS standards which are likely to impact most entities in a significant way: IFRS 15 Revenue from Contracts with Customers and IFRS 16 Leases.
- A user-friendly, comprehensive material pack which can be used again after the course to refresh your memory or to assist with a technical issue
- Illustrative examples & case studies to ensure topics are fully grasped, including journal entries.
- Model Financial Statements & disclosure notes, including first time adoption requirements
- Additional handouts and resources with application guidance
|VENUES & PRACTICAL INFORMATION|
- Course duration: 2 days - NOTE: it is possible to book only day 1 or 2 (choose option on booking form)
- CPD per day: 7 hours
- Time: 9.30am - 5pm each day with two tea breaks and lunch
- London: The following venues are being used, all well served by public transport -
- The ICAEW, Chartered Accountants' Hall, 1 Moorgate Place, EC2R 6EA;
- DeVere Holborn Bars, 138-142 Holborn, EC1N 2NQ; or
- The Petersham Hotel, Nightingale Lane, Richmond, TW10 6UZ
- Venue is confirmed nearer course date. Feel free to contact us with enquiries.
|WHO WILL BENEFIT|
The course is ideal for anyone in need of a thorough and up to date refresher of IFRS in a practical and relevant way. It might be that you have not dealt with the detail of IFRS for some time, or that you have been focusing on a few IFRS standards in your work place, necessitating a refresher and update in all of the key areas.
- Accountants in industry or practice - e.g. ACA, ACCA, CA(SA), CA(ANZ), CAI, ICAS, CIMA, FCA, etc.
- Financial managers, directors, controllers, CFOs
- Analysts, investors and other users of financial statements
Contact us for courses elsewhere in the UK, e.g. Edinburgh & Manchester, or having an in-house course presented at your offices.